Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pandora

More about my new PC.

I am still checking out the stuff that was on pre-installed on my new media PC. I came across something listed in my program files called Pandora. I assumed it was a program but when I clicked it, a web page opened up. when I saw it was an internet radio station I was tempted to just shut it down but I decided to give it a chance. Boy was I pleasantly surprized!

I never bothered listening to internet radio on my old one because it just didn't have the ump and would cut out more than I could stand. but my new one......

Here is their description as to what Pandora is about.

What is Pandora?

Pandora is a music discovery service designed to help you enjoy music you already know, and to help you discover new music you'll love.

It's powered by the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken, the Music Genome Project: a crazy project started back in early 2000 to capture the complex musical DNA of songs using a large team of highly-trained musicians.

Just tell us one of your favorite songs or artists and we'll launch a streaming station to explore that part of the musical universe.


Why did you choose the name "Pandora"?

The name Pandora means "all gifted" in Greek. In ancient Greek mythology, Pandora received many gifts from the Gods, including the gift of music, from Apollo. She was also, as we all know, insatiably curious.

Unlike those Gods of old, however, we celebrate that virtue and have made it our mission to reward the musically curious among us with a never-ending experience of music discovery.

It's also important to note that at the bottom of Pandora's box was Hope...