Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tea, Anyone?

Yesterday was a new experience for me. I was invited to Tea at the Garden by my sister-in-law which is at Garvin Gardens in Hot Springs.I have never been to a tea before but am now hooked!

I 1st had to drop my car off at the dealer to have the PCM (the computer) replaced in my car. Luckily it wss under warranty. I would hate to have to pay for that! Then my sister-in-law came and picked me up. We went straight to Hot Springs and stopped at a nail salon that she had found on a previous trip. I just got a manicure but she had a pedicure and new nails put on.















Then we headed to Garvin Gardens. I have been to Garven gardens once before but it was at Chistmas time to see it lit up at night. I love gardening so even though it was hot and humid, I enjoyed my short walk through part of the gardens.













They have lots of Coy in the ponds.






The table we sat at had a family of 4 from California and a mother-daughter from Jacksonville which is only a 10 mile drive from me. I told them it was funny to drive an hour and a half for tea just to meet my neighbors. LOL!



The tea party was fun and I got to try 3 tea varieties I had never tried.
The 1st was a green tea that contained rose petals and a few other things that I don't remember. We were served blueberry scones, cranberry scones and crumpets with it and there was lemon curd, curdled cream (tasted like whipped cream to me) and jams.
The 2nd was a peach tea (that was my favorite). It was served with cucumber sandwiches, egg salad (on crackers) and the 3rd had a name I can't remember but was basically a tomato and basil sandwich and boy, was it GOOD!
The 3rd was another green tea with the dominate added flavor being pineapple! The desserts were little miniature strawberry cheesecake (with the crust being painted with dark chocolate YUM!), blueberry cookies and banana bars.

Before we left, Paula took me to see the new chapel that is used for weddings. OMG! It is unbelievable!!! The framework is metal and the walls are glass. The pictures I took makes it look unfinished and do not do it justice.











This last picture is of the ceiling.







The trip ended perfectly when Paula dropped me off to get my car. When I 1st took my car to see what the problem was, I had been told there was a $99.00 diagnosis fee. That had been the week before and when they found out it was the PCM, they had to order the part. So I was pleasantly surprised when they handed me my keys and said there was NO CHARGE! Yay!

I hope you had as good a day as me!